Let’s cook easy to make fish products
source: The Pisces, by Rosario Ragaza
The Filipino patterns in eating and preparing food have changed. These changes are due to the increase in the number of women joining the workforce. Another reason is the western influence on acceptance of fast foods. Hence, there is an increased demand for instant or convenience foods, which are easy to prepare, taste good and provide the desired nutrients.
1 cup minced fish meat (bisugo or dalagang bukid)
3 cups flour (sifted)
1 cup flour for dusting
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons lye
1. Mix the sifted flour and the minced fish meat.
2. Add the lye, salt, and egg yolk to the flour and meat.
3 Mix all the ingredients througly.
4. Cut the mixture into four.
5. Knead each of the portions.
6. Cut the portions by using a noodle machine.
7. Blanch the noddles in boiling water for one minute or until the noodles float.
8. Immerse the noddles in cold or running water.
9. Drain the noodles.
10. Toss the noddles in cooking oil.