Charcoal from Old Newspaper
Do not waste old newspaper! During “brown-out” or when you run out of cooking gas, you can
make use of charcoal from old newspapers.
1. Soak old newspapers and magazines for about two hours in water.
2. When the water is thoroughly soaked and soft, tear chunks of paper enough to be pressed into two inches balls.
3. Press out the water.
4. Dry the wet briquettes on the concrete floor during hot and sunny days.
5. When thoroughly dried store in plastic bags so that the briquettes will not absorb moisture.
6. Use paper briquettes as substitute for wood charcoal.
Source: Tekno tulong