Bricks have been around since time in memorial. The great wall was made of bricks. The Empire state building is also made of bricks. Bricks is a sturdy cheap material to use. Now a days bricks is used in gardens, streets and walls. Here is a simple article on how to make a brick.
clay, sand, water
shovel, hoe, pickax
strainer, wire #14
wooden molds 10″ x5″ x12½”
1. Dig soil, remove stones and waste with the use of strainer.
2. Mix with:
25% water (1 part water in 4 parts of soil)
10% sand (10 parts of sand in 10 parts of clay)
3. Put in molds, scrape excess.
4. Remove molds and let dry bricks within 3 to 4 weeks at room temperature.
5. Invert brick so it won’t crack or form wrinkles.
6. Preheat gas oven for 2 hours at 980° C.
7. Arrange bricks alternately
8. Bake for 16 hours.
9. Cool before use.
picture from: momahoney.com