Paggawa ng Itlog na Pula – Salted Egg Production
Ang itlog ng itik ay maaaring gawin balut, penoy o itlog na pula. Ang mga nabanggit ay ilan sa pamamaraan upang lalong mapahaba ang shelf life ng nasabing itlog ng itik. Nakasaad sa ibaba ang processo kung paano gumawa ng itlog na pula.
Duck egg, clay/nuno sa punso/ant hill, salt, water and fish net.
1. Clean the egg.
2. Crush the salt.
3. Mix equally amount of clay and salt.
4. Gradually apply water until it consistency is like a cake batter.
5. Dipped the egg in the mixture until it is fully covered.
6. Place the egg in a box/ wooden box it should be enclosed in newspaper. Store it for 18 days.
7. After 18 days clean the egg and boil it in low fire.
8. After boiling put the egg in the fishnet.
9. Boil some food coloring and dip the fishnet with egg. Remove the fishnet if the desired color is attained.
Peanut (anachis hypogea L.), locally known as “mani”, is a protein-rich and oil-laden legume. It is one of the oldest crop grown in the Philippines, but it has remained as a corn intercrop and has not gained prominence as a cash crop. It helps reduce risk of heart disease and cancer. Peanut contains high quality protein (25-30%) and oil (46-50%) protein content of 1 kg. Peanut is equivalent to that of a kilogram of pork and exceeds that of an egg, and meat from fowl and beef.
Peanut is ideal as a food ingredient because of its aroma, flavor, crunchy texture, and high energy value. It requires less nitrogen fertilizer because of its nitrogen-fixing nodules.
About 95% of the peanut areas are planted with the low yielding “native” Spanish-type variety. The Philippine seed board recommended the CES-10 and BPI-E.B. which yield as high as 2.0-2.5 MT of shelled peanuts per hectare. These varieties contain 24-26% protein and 42-46% oil. Continue reading “Peanut Production – Mani Business”
Melt-and-pour soap base
essental oils /scent
additives: cinnamon, papaya extract , moisturizers.
1. Cut the melt-and-pour soap base to small pieces.
2. Melt it in a water bath.
3. Stir your soap.
4. You could add coloring, scent and additives.. Example of scent is Ylang ylang, cinnamon,laurel etc.
Additive could be aloe vera for dry and burned skin, glycerin, moisturizes skin, otamel exfoliate skins.
5 Afterwards pour your. melted soap to the molder. You could spray a releasing agent like vegetable oil so that the soap can be easily removed from the molder.
6 You could spray lightly alcohol on the soap to eliminate bubbles that form on the surface of the soap.
7 If the soap solidify remove it and let it harden for another 3 hours.
source: Making candle and soaps
picture from: creationherbal.com
T-shirt printing is a good hobby and a rewarding one. I remember when i was in college, i sell t-shirt that my brother made. The price is around 250 per shirt and the cost to produce is around 110-150 pesos. Not bad isn’t it. So, below is a simple tutorial about this. For sure, this would be a trial and error type of business but once you master it, money will surely come.
Silkscreen with frame.
Mixing bowl / cup
Squeegee applicator / rubber applicator
Plywood / hard flat plastic/Formica
Glass as big as the frame (optional)
Pressurized water source
- Think of a design. For starters, start with one color design. You could try the “worst president logo”. It is difficult to copy it by hand so better use a computer. Print it in an acetate. Because of the advent of computers using stencils is now a bit outdated.
- Clean the surface of the silkscreen. Be sure there is no dust, particles etc.
- Then get the photo emulsion. Usually it has two components. The pink liquid part and a white crystalline part or a clear liquid. Just mixed a minimal amount in the mixing bowl or cup. Enough to cover the whole silkscreen.(see instruction of manufacturer before using it, just to be sure.)
- Place the silkscreen vertically, slightly inclined, and the flat surface facing you.
- Now, use the paintbrush to apply thin layer of the photo emulsion to the screen. Apply it from the top going down. Be sure that all areas are covered and there is no bubbles or excess photo emulsion that is dripping. Do this also in the inner portion of the silkscreen.
- Upon doing so, place the silkscreen on a dark room or dark closet for at least 2-3 hours.
- Afterwards, place the acetate on the flat surface of the silkscreen and cover it will the glass. The acetate will be sandwich between the glass and the silkscreen. Then put it under the sun. Some uses a halogen lamp. They place it under the halogen lamp to dry. Exposure time would be from around 10-15 seconds using a halogen lamp. If under the sun it would depend on the intensity of the sun. In short, it would be a trial and error process.
- After sun drying / bulb drying, you need to remove the excess photo emulsion from the silkscreen. Use a pressurized water source to remove it. Spray into the silkscreen. You will see the image of the acetate is now in your silkscreen.
- Clean it thoroughly and let it dry.
Continue reading “Silkscreen Printing Business / T-shirt Printing Business”