Quail Production – Quail Raising

Quail Raising

If you live near San Rafael and San Ildelfonso Bulacan you could find some backyard quail raisers. According to them pugo raising started in San Rafael and it’s spread throughout the Bulacan area.

Many are enticed to venture in this business because you need only a small space and capital to start. And everyday your income is tangible once it started to lay.

Here are the most common breeds of quail in the Philippines:

Japanese Seattle

Japanese Taiwan




Price of stock:

The price of the quail would range from 7 pesos to 30 pesos. One farmer told me around 2 years ago he bought the quail for 7 pesos each and the quail is around 90% all female. The other 10 percent is male and this should be culled. The ratio of female is high because before the breeder delivered the quail they have already tried to identified the sex of the quail ( as much as possible they give you all female). Another scheme in buying the quail is the Mix sex, here the quail is delivered as is and the possibility of male to female ratio is 50-50 but the price is also half. If the usual price is 7 pesos the unsex would range to 3.50 pesos.


Usually a 2 feet by 4 feet cage would hold around 50 quail. You could find a quail housing on top of one another (battery type). A ¼ inch mesh wire is used for the flooring and the wall/sides. This setup would provide good air circulation.


There are different articles in the net that will tell you how much to give per day per bird But most of this is not really that applicable. When buying a feed for the first time and you don’t know how much to feed the animal always ask the feed distributor or the breeder on which your quail came from. They have the most accurate idea on how much to give.

Just to give a practical idea a quail would eat chick booster for the first 2 weeks of it’s life. It would eat from 5 grams per day up. After the two weeks you will shift to chick starter and you will give this to the quail up to the time that 30% of the quail population lays egg. When you attain 30% you will then shift to quail laying feeds. Price of Quail laying feeds would range from 800-1300 pesos.

Egg Production:

An average of 80% per day. To some extent around 90% egg production. Egg price would range from 0.60 centavos to 0.80 centavos per egg.

for more info about livestock visit: www.pinoyagribusiness.com

picture from:feathersite.com

272 thoughts on “Quail Production – Quail Raising”

  1. gud pm, gusto kung bumili nang quail egg try kung sino may available ito contact # 09129260787 sa bohol. tnx

  2. Hi mag tatanong po ako, pwede po ba mag alaga ng pugo kahit sa malamig na lugar, katulad po sa tagaytay?

  3. Ask lng meron po ba quail farm with in davao city area? Gusto ko sana mag alaga ng quail chick, gusto ko rin malaman kng paano alagaan.tnx pls txt me 09999959371…..;-)

  4. for mindanao quail raiers or raisers to be …..

    wala po problema sa project na ito f u focused makakatulong po ito sa atin talaga ang industry na ito f we focused po….

    happy growing po mga kapugo!!

  5. we started chexers na sana may freebies tayo sa pag endorse haha! maganda talaga ang fids nla

  6. Attention quail egg buyers..we are looking for bulk buyers of fresh quail eggs in a minimum of one thou..in the city of iloilo and nearby provinces such as bacolod,roxas,antique and boracay…we diliver a day after confirmation of orders..just contact 09218475947 for enquires and orders…just look dods..happy new year and god bless

  7. naghahanap po ako ng quail egg supplier. From.pangasinan po ako. Please emailme at kjoylorenz@ gmail.com or call me at 09236493158

  8. Mga sir, good day po… im from iloilo city. ask ko po sana kung saan aku makakabili ng QUAIL LAYER CHICKS? Gusto ko po sanang mg try mg alaga. Pls. Contact me po 09159385994

  9. Mga sir, good day po… im from iloilo city. ask ko po sana kung saan aku makakabili ng QUAIL LAYER CHICKS? Gusto ko po sanang mg try mg alaga. Pls. Contact me po 09159385994/09460211059

  10. hi po san po ba makakabili ng quail ready to lay eggs.tga davao po ako. pls contact me thru this number 09974190249. Thanks ng marami!

  11. Magkano po ang 21 days old na quail nyo. Nagdedeliver din po ba kayo kahit 300pcs lng to Baybay Leyte?

  12. Please contact me 09493127744 I’m Interested and I will buy ready to lay quail

  13. please gusto ko bumili sa inyo ready to lay po 1500 heads ozamis city po poyd po ba mkbili sa inyo…ozamis city po

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.