PUTO DE UBI
2 cups rice
11/2 cups water
1 cup sugar
2 cups mashed ubi
1/4 cup rich coconut milk
4 tbsp. baking powder
1. Washed cleaned rice and soak in water overnight.
2. Grind the rice finely using a native stone grinder, a corn meal grinder, or a meat grinder.
3. Boil the ubi in enough water until cooked and soft.
4. Peel the ubi and mash finely.
5. Add xsugar and mash the ubi with ground rice, blend well and pass through a stainer to remove lumps.
6. Add coconut milk and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
7. Pour the mixture into puto olds or spoon it into individual molds, filling each two-thirds full.
8. Set the molds in a steamer over boiling water. Cover the steamer.
9. Puto is cooked when a toothpick comes out clen and dry when inserted in the center of the molds.
Remove from the molds and serve with grated coconut.
Referrences: UBI Culture, VISCA, Baybay Leyte
Referrences: Benguet state University, Library