GROW BIGGER BANANA FRUITS
1. Apply plenty of compost in the hole where the banana shoot will be planted.
2. Always water the plant.
3. Remove the weeds around it; vegetables may be planted around the plant in the first sixmonths.
4. Allow only one shoot to grow in every plant when it is about 6 months old.
5. After harvesting the bunch, remove the plant and allow the upcoming shoot to grow.
6. Don’t allow any banana plant to fall.
7. Take care of every bunch of bananas by enveloping it in plastic or with banana leaves.
from PCARRD Farmnews Sept-Oct 1991