BIO-CONTROL OF CROP DISEASES
Many of our local plants contain helpful chemicals, particularly alkaloids, that are effective against fungal and bacterial diseases of other plants. Thus, they are mixed with the soil to control the fungus that causes the diseases of seedlings. Allow the leaves to decompose for about one week before transplanting the seedlings. Some of these leaves are as follows:
Continue reading “BIO-CONTROL OF CROP DISEASES”
Katol from Lanzones Peel / Mosquito repellant
There have been some study that like other plants lanzones peel has a certain compound that can repel mosquito. Way back in my elementary days I remember my sister making a project about this. They made a katol made from dried lanzones peeling they even copied the coil like structure of the commercially available katol.
Here’s how they do it.
Materials: Starch, aluminum foil, lazones peeling, commercial katol
- Lanzones was sun dried for a few days.
- If the lanzones is fully dried you can now pulverized it using a mortar and pastel.
- Mix equal amount of starch and pulverized lanzones peeling add water to make a paste like consistency. Mix thoroughly.
- Now get the commercial katol and use the foil to make a mold.
- Now pour the mixed starch and lanzones into the mold and let it dry.
- You now have a katol.
If your katol does not burn properly you could increase the ratio of pulverized lanzones