Katol from Lanzones Peel / Mosquito repellant
There have been some study that like other plants lanzones peel has a certain compound that can repel mosquito. Way back in my elementary days I remember my sister making a project about this. They made a katol made from dried lanzones peeling they even copied the coil like structure of the commercially available katol.
Here’s how they do it.
Materials: Starch, aluminum foil, lazones peeling, commercial katol
- Lanzones was sun dried for a few days.
- If the lanzones is fully dried you can now pulverized it using a mortar and pastel.
- Mix equal amount of starch and pulverized lanzones peeling add water to make a paste like consistency. Mix thoroughly.
- Now get the commercial katol and use the foil to make a mold.
- Now pour the mixed starch and lanzones into the mold and let it dry.
- You now have a katol.
If your katol does not burn properly you could increase the ratio of pulverized lanzones