Smoked Soft – Boned bangus
- Remove the gills and open the soft belly to remove the internal organs.
- Wash fish thoroughly to remove blood, slime, dirt, etc.
- After washing, soak fish in concentrated brine for 120 minutes. To prepare concentrated brine, mix thoroughly 1 part salt and 3 parts water.
- Drain brined bangus for a few minutes, wrap in aluminum foil and then process in a retort or pressure cooker at 10 lbs pressure for an average time of 90 to 120 minutes.
- After processing,” dry to the touch” under the sun for 30 to 48 minutes or in any suitable artificial dryer.
- Smoke the processed fish in a suitable smokehouse for 30 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
Source: semi intensive pond for milkfish, DA brochure
Sustainable livelihood option for the Philippines
Livelihood options forcoastalc ommunities
Vol. II IRR and SMISLE publications- bfar
MARID agribusiness digest
September and October 1999