HOW TO GROW GABI
Gabi is one of the major root crops grown throughout the country. It can be grown almost anywhere, upland or lowland. Land preparation and planting:
1. Plow the field twice to loosen the soil.
2. Harrow the field in a criss-cross manner to break the soil clods.
3. Make furrows at a distance of 75 cm. Plant in the furrows. For irregular and hilly areas, plant in holes.
4. For upland culture, plant the seed pieces 7 to 10 cm. deep in the furrows, at a 50 cm. distance between plants. When holes are prepared instead of furrows, slip the seed pieces into the holes and cover partially leaving the hollow around the plant.
5. For best results, select a field with alluvial loam soil.