Chicken pina colada
1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
(approximately 1 to 1.2 kilos)
For the pina colada sauce:
• 1 can (240 ml) pineapple juice
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons rum
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. Wash the chicken and dry. Cover and set aside in refrigerator.
2. Mix pineapple juice, coconut milk, rum. honey, salt and white pepper in a bowl. S
until well integrated. Set aside half of the mixture.
3. Add chicken to the remaining mixture, marinade for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Cover marinated chicken with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store in the
5. Heat the remaining half of the mixture. Reduce to thicken sauce. Adjust seasoning
needed. Set aside. Keep warm
6. Grill marinated chicken until done. Serve with warm pina colada sauce.
Source: food magazine, 2008