PLANT PESTICIDES FOR RICE PESTS
Certain plants, not harmful to the environment or to the user, repel the black insect pests that
attack rice plants. Some of these are the tubli (or labnek) lagtang(or macasia) and the
A. Tubli -roots
1. Crop the newly dug roots 7-5-15 kilo of desired sizes
2. Pound in a pestle until the juice is extracted. The juice white
3. Soak for at least 5 minutes in 150-300 liters water.
4. Strain, wring and spray the solution over the plants with insect pests.
B. Lagtang- seeds
1. Pound in a pestle until fine.
2. Soak for 4 hours, then on the affected plants
C. Makabuhay -leaves or stalk
1. Chop and pound
2. Soak in water
3. Squeeze out the juice, strain fine before spraying proportion is 50-300 liters water in 7-5-15 kilos makabuhay for every hectare
From: PCARRD monitor Jan., 1990