Katol from Lanzones Peel / Mosquito repellant
There have been some study that like other plants lanzones peel has a certain compound that can repel mosquito. Way back in my elementary days I remember my sister making a project about this. They made a katol made from dried lanzones peeling they even copied the coil like structure of the commercially available katol.
Here’s how they do it.
Materials: Starch, aluminum foil, lazones peeling, commercial katol
- Lanzones was sun dried for a few days.
- If the lanzones is fully dried you can now pulverized it using a mortar and pastel.
- Mix equal amount of starch and pulverized lanzones peeling add water to make a paste like consistency. Mix thoroughly.
- Now get the commercial katol and use the foil to make a mold.
- Now pour the mixed starch and lanzones into the mold and let it dry.
- You now have a katol.
If your katol does not burn properly you could increase the ratio of pulverized lanzones
261 thoughts on “Katol from Lanzones Peel / Mosquito repellant”
anu pong binder?
meron pa bo kayong idea? yung di pa nagagawa /nage-exist? meron na po kasi akong nakita na neem oil pang insecticide. 🙂
try mo lasones na peel or durog na paminta
ahmm. ask ko lang po sana kung anung meron po sa ipil-ipil bakit siya effective as katol???
ahmm. ask ko lang po kung anung meron sa ipil-ipil bakit siya effective as katol????
anu po gagawin pag hindi continuous yung pagsunog ng katol?
salamat po :]
ang galing salamat ………poh
hi nemu, i was so weary for my i.p po…my new component po kc me, buti nln ngtyaga ako binasa mga advices po nio *-* …ill start making my i.p n dn s wakas kc s binder me doubtful at s pg mold… thnx… sn i could seek more help s inyo,
Kamsahamneda…… As in im really thankful poh sa info na binigay niyo……. Just like everyone said….
MAY PANG S.I.P. NA KAMI…….
AS in po need lng po tlga….
salamat po ulit….