1 kg. beef (punta y pecho, tadyang, tapadera, kamto or paypay)
½ tablet ascorbic acid (500 mg.)
2 tbsp. salt
½ tsp. vetsin
1/4 tsp. prague powder
1 tsp. sugar
Pressure cooker (in the absence of a pressure cooker, a casserole may be used)
Measuring cup (liquid)
1. Wash meat thoroughly.
2. Cut the meat into 1 inch cubes.
3. Mix the salt, vetsin, prague powder and sugar.
4. Mix the curing ingredients with the cubed meat.
5. Place in covered container and cure in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
6. Wash the meat, add water (1/3 of its volume) and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the foam-like formation on the broth.
7. Continue boiling until meat is soft and tender, for faster cooking use apressure cooker and cook beef for 30 minutes at 10 lbs. pressure.
8. Drain and cool.
9. Flake with fork. (The flaked meat is ready for consumption). For longer storage period,
follow procedures 5, 10 to 15.
10. Pack meat into bottles/cans and add broth, leave 1/4 inch head space.
11. Exhaust bottles/cans by boiling it with covers slightly closed.
12. Seal thoroughly.
13. Process at 10 lbs. pressure for 10 minutes.
14. Air-cool cans should be cooled under running water while air-cool bottles
at room temperature.
15. Label and store in a cool place.
Source: ITDI (DOST)