BANANA PEANUT MIX PORRIDGE
Banana is a common tropical fruit and is a good source of energy. Peanut is likewise a favorite nibble among children and adults, providing them a good amount of protein and fats. When mixed together, banana and peanut blend in s high-calorie, high protein food best suited for growing children.
(for a kilo of mix)
20 big pcs. banana (saba) unripe 3/4 kilo,
raw peanuts 2 3/4 cups + 6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/4 cup water.
1. Boil green bananas (saba) until done.
2. Sun dry until crisp and grind into flour using a corn grinder. Set aside and place in a dry and clean covered container.
3. Toast peanuts over moderate heat for 15-20 minutes. Cool and remove skin manually.
4. Grind into powder using a corn grinder. Set aside and place in a dry and clean covered container.
Preparation for serving:
1. Mix 1/3 cup of banana flour and 1/3 cup of peanut grits.
2. Add 1/3 cup brown sugar and boil mixture in 1 1/4 cup of water for 3-5 minutes. Stir to prevent scorching.
Serve moderately hot.
1 cup or 320 grams
Nutrient composition for every 100 grams blend.
Fat 507 kcal
Protein 14.7 grams
Energy 26.1 grams
One-half (½) cup of this porridge will provide your pre-school child 1-6 years old with 20% and 17% of his Recommended Dietary Allowance for energy and protein, respectively.
picture from: roseskitchenette.com