There are a lot of explanation or definition about scientific attitudes… Scientific attitudes is not just for scientist per see. Scientific attitude is how a person or a predisposition of a person to solve a problem or create solution in a scientific way.
Here are some Scientific attitudes that one should poses to be able to be a effective researcher, scientist, teacher and inventor.
1. Curiosity - He or she should show interest on how things work , questions its validity and seek alternative answer and questions.
2. Open mindedness - Accept every ideas even if it is contradictory to his idea and test it validity.
3. Objectivity - To show no particular bias to results , ideas and data. To show no subjectivity in any test, experiment he or she conducted. What every the result records it truthfully.
4. Honesty - To report all results truthfully. No manipulation of data should be done just to please benefactors, stockholders etc…
5. Humility - being humble.
6. Creativity- Thinking outside of the box, creating new ideas and procedures.
7. Risk taker - To be able to accept criticism and to be misjudge.
These are just a few example of scientific attitudes.